Wednesday, September 26, 2007

COM'ON MOM

Yes, I knew this day would come, but not so soon!! "Com'on Mom" were the words I heard Christian say as we were hiking in the Cascades. To be fare, I have to tell you that on our way up, I had to keep encouraging them to keep going: "just one more switch back and we will be there"!! However, on the way down, they just sprinted down the mountain. Since I still plan on lots of hiking in my life, I did not find it wise to pound my good ol'e knees by running down the mountain. And so the boys had to wait for their mom!! We all had a great time that day. We started out all together and made it to a great view point of Watson Lakes. On the way back, Christian, Nolan and I took a side trip to get up to Anderson Butte while Shawn and Ethan went back to the trail head. Nolan and Christian got a kick out of being "taller" then Mt. Baker. Look at their proud faces!!

No comments: