Friday, April 10, 2009

The Falls

"Poor Niaguara" is what first lady Eleanor Roosevelt said as she saw the Iguassu Falls. I have to agree with her. They are absolutely breathtaking!! I have seen them many times now, but it's always like the first time, I'm in such an awe! What I love about the Iguassu falls, is that there are no builduings, billboards or cassinos surrounding them. They are inside of a 185 thousand acre national park, on the Brazilian side, and another national park in Argentina. There are 275 falls to admire as you walk along trails in the woods! Now I say all this and I will not even show you any pictures. Not yet anyways. I can't download them in this computer so I'll have to wait until I get home in 5 days! Check back then, even though pictures can't do justice, I think they turned out all right!
Here goes an unedited entry of the boys journal:
The last part of the Macuco Safari was a boat ride that "wet" under the falls! At the dock it looked as if we were in for a calm ride down a sunny river. We set off and entered rapids, I saw a huge rapid and thought: "OH... NO", the front end was lift up and I couldn't feel it because I was in the back and said:"that was not so bad", and all of a sudden, SPLASH! We hit the river and water came on top of us! When we got under the falls we were already wet, we felt the awesome force of a water fall, but it was just a small one. Imagea big one, "don't pick me"!
By Nolan Buhler

2 comments:

jilanbil@yahoo.ca said...

wow, can't wait to see the pictures!!

Looks like you are having wonderful adventures together.

The Davis's said...

That sounds cool, Nolan. Made me think of our trip on a river!

I know you all have had a blast...but the Davis's are ready for you to come HOME!!!

Have a safe trip back to the states!