Monday, June 22, 2009

Road Trip

We just got back from a 1300 mile road trip around our state and the coast of Oregon. It was fantastic! Amazing how diverse our state is!! I assigned each of the boys to write about a part of the trip. Christian got his done quickly before he headed out on a mission trip today. So here goes part one.
Our first stop on our road trip was Leavenworth, for me to camp with my Boy Scouts, and the rest of my family with the cub scouts. I was signed up to make breakfast for two other scouts, but the best thing we did was river rafting on the Wenatchee River, on class three rapids. Some of the names for the rapids we did sounded kind of intimidating, like Satan's Eyeball, and Drunkard's Drop, but my raft made it through all them without capsizing, or falling off. The only time I went in the water was when we were allowed to goof around on calm water. I was really nervous before we started, but at the end I wanted to do it again, it was more thrilling than a roller coaster! Christian

Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm glad you were able to stay in the raft, B. Wish we could have said the same.