Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Knocks, Boosts and Weirds

I have several miscellaneous items I want to record on the blog, so I was going to call it Tuesday Tidbits.  However, Tuesday came and went and I did not blog, so now I can't use the title anymore.  Most families have their version of sharing time, like WGB (weird, good & bad).  I was inspired by Jill (she inspires me quite often) to rename our bads and goods to knocks and boosts. 

Knocks

Last Friday one of our kids got sick and I found myself scrubbing floors and walls at 1:30 am, only to repeat the process an hour later.

Boosts

The same child who got sick was able to climb down from his bunk and walk to the bathroom before the explosion.  Scrubbing tiles in the middle of night is definitely better than trying to clean carpets. 

Family time also got a boost since we had four days to relax , spend time with each other and start a puzzle.


I was able to savor some delicious Italian coffee while enjoying the company of three great friends.  Girl time certainly gets a boost.

The guys were not forgotten as they got their tools out and made some noise cutting logs while stocking up on heat fuel for the winter.



Weirds

An owl is free to hunt the woods againUpon returning form our jog, Shawn and I decided to peek inside a new house being built.  To our surprise, we were greeted by a huge owl who was trying to fly out a closed patio door.  We made a quick exit (owls talons can be sharp) and watch the owl perched on the scaffold while we formulated a plan to help her find freedom.  I gave Shawn a boost so he could climb on to the deck and with a long stick he opened the sliding door.  It took a bit of encouragement, but eventually the owl did find the open door and flew out.  We know had a good story to share with the boys.

1 comment:

Jill said...

LOVE the owl story! And I LOVE you guys!