Wednesday, December 12, 2007

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

So many times I'm reminded by the boys of what is really important in our life. This Christmas season was no exception. As we started to bring out the Christmas decorations, the boys dove in the box with my Nativity Scene. My precious, porcelain, delicate, fragile, dainty, pretty Nativity Scene. I just had to close my eyes and hoped for the best as they put it together. Of course, I had intentions of rearranging it later. After all, we need a perfect Nativity Scene, which in my book, means all the characters in their right places facing the crowd. As the boys moved on to the tree, I turned to "fix" the Nativity and as I saw it, I had to stop cold. All the characters were huddled around in a circle facing Jesus. Isn't that what Christmas is all about? For us to focus on Jesus, to turn ours eyes on to Him. So I left it untouched. It sits in the middle of the house and is a reminder to me every time I pass it.

God bless our precious children who teach us in so may ways !!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Great story, Simone. And it is SO true that we learn a great deal from our kids, eh?