Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Days

The other day as we were enjoying a lazy afternoon at the pool, Nolan and his friend Ethan Fields ask us if they could go down to the little creek and do some fishing. Sure, but I thought to myself how much fishing could they do in ankle deep water with only some string and on rusty hook?? Of course I should have learned by know never to underestimate boys and their creativity and perseverance, they caught 5 different fish!! I could not think of a better way for a boy to spend a summer afternoon. Then again, watching a bunch of boys run around the woods with their sticks, builduing forts and trying to catch each other , is a close second as far as how summer days should be spent.

Now if you ask me, I would say that one of the best ways to spend a nice summer afternoon is going on a hike on the North Cascades. This is a glimpse of the trail to Tomyhoy Lake.

No comments: