Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We Did the Fair

Going to the Fair has never been one of my favorites, so it's no surprise that my kids had only a faint memory, if one at all, of their Fair experience. Last time we went was 5 years ago, and that was only a brief visit. Since Shawn was away for a week on a kayaking trip; you would really have to work hard to convince him to go; I decided to take the kids for a day at the Fair. It was the perfect day as far as weather was concerned, overcast with a nice breeze, so at least we did not have a heat stroke incident like poor Isabelle. We admired all the Lego creations and some other collections, the swords were a real hit with the boys. We went on the Ferris wheel and all the other spiny, shaky rides. We shot the clowns and got a coll prize (that broke the next day). We admired all the animals, watched the agility dog test and of course, ate some good fair food.

We all got home exhausted and with many memories to last us for another 5 years. Mission accomplished!!>

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I love your perspective on the fair and I must say, my thoughts exactly! Just not the best way to spend the day IMO, and I'm hoping our trip to the fair this summer will be enough to last us a few years as well! : )