Sunday, December 14, 2008

Following the Tracks

As many other moms will do today, I also bundled up to go outside and snap a picture of the first winter play of the season. As I stepped outside, all was still and peaceful. However, there were plenty of clues for you to know that there were kids at play out some where.

There were angels left behind

Broken sleds that lay forgotten

Sled tracks that led to ditches, but no boys to be found

Until I heard screams of delight and shouts of excitement

And here I found them

Playing down in the cul de sac with the neighbor kids

How much fun can that be?

1 comment:

Jackie Buitelaar said...

Creative posting. Isn't winter refreshing!! Your area surely looks like a winter wonderland, keep enjoying it! We actually didn't get snow (for a change) in the fraser valley. So I'd love to go to Baker sometime between Dec.21 and Jan.4... obviously it's Harvie posting :) Let me know if you're up for it.