Monday, January 19, 2009

Pretty Snazzy and Jazzy

Forgive me Jill for using on of your blog's entry title, but I thought it just fitted this picture perfectly. Here is Christian, all ready for his first band concert. It should had happen about a month ago, but Jingle Bells can be played in January just as well. It was really amazing to see and hear how the kids (almost 50 of them) came together and delivered some beautiful tunes. Especially if you consider that most of them had never even touched their instrument of choice prior to the start of this semester. Kudos to Mr. Norman, how does he do it? Now take a closer look at Christian's beautiful black trousers. I have to mention them since it took me several trips to the mall to finally find one, and this most likely will be the one and only time he will wear them, a grand total of 90 minutes. The pants are not quite the style he would chose to wear to school, or anywhere else for that matter, but it was part of the concert attire. At first I tried to get away with black denim, that way maybe he would get a few more uses out of it. But those one were to small and I had to take it back and could not find the next size. Then I spotted some nice corduroy ones that had a nice cut and would be cool to be used for other occasions. Luckily I looked around the store for other items and happen to place the pants close to some other black clothes, I then realized that the pants were dark brown. Bummer!! I did consider it, would anyone be able to tell the difference. I even asked a sales lady, and she informed me that they were indeed dark brown. Oh well! So the search went on, and I was successful at last.

No comments: