Saturday, January 31, 2009

Music to my Ears

The other day as we were packing some activities for the boys to do during my Pilate's class, I told Nolan that after reading to his brother and then reading his book for 30 minutes, he could play his DS. To which he promptly replied, "Could I continue writing my story instead of playing the DS?". And this is the boy who would rather have his teeth pulled than writing a paragraph!! At least that's how he felt just a short time ago! Yeah! The hard work is finally paying off!
And here are other comments that are music to a homeschooling mom:
"Oh no mom, I would like to finish all of these math pages, this is fun!" After I told Christian he could move on to the next chapter in his math book.
"How could they think that the world started with a bang?? Just look at the ampullae of Lorenzini in the sharks that senses electricity in water! Or the echo location in the dolphins! Or look outside at the trees that produce oxygen!! It's clear that it was all created by an amazing God" This was by Nolan, our nature lover.
And here is Ethan, I bought this puzzle book for him and the whole family found it to be pretty challenging. Ethan is not only solving the puzzles, he also made up his own!

1 comment:

Jill said...

So great!!!

And I love this picture too!