Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Week in a Flash

That's how I feel about this week, it went by in a flash. I was even in a state of denial until one day Nolan brought me back to reality. Someone asked me when we were leaving to go to Brazil and I answered 2 weeks. Nolan points out to me: "Mom, you have been saying two weeks for a while now." Oh well! At least I got some things done as we prepare for the trip. Christian had his last day at Kulshan and is now officially home schooled, returned his saxophone to Mojo Music (we are not lugging that with us), made sure all the boys swim suits were still a good fit, went out to try to find swimsuits for the kids. Ironically this year I'm surprised there is not much choice out there for swimsuits yet, whereas in other years, I'm a little annoyed that they bring them out so soon!! I guess I can say we are on the countdown now, 7 days to go!
Here is our toy of the week:

Just a plain old PVC pipe! The boys got to take it home after a marshmallow blowing contest in cub scouts and they have been playing with it non-stop. For housekeeping purposes they are using their Nerf gun bullets instead of marshmallows. I even gave up using my fleece in the house, apparently, fleece makes a good "target" for their bullets, it sticks nicely, so I was under constant attack. At first I even humored them, but there is just so much one can take when living under constant attack.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Simone, are you going to continue to post once you are in Brazil? I sure hope that you do. We want to know all about your adventures there.

Love the toy of the week!!