Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Caught up in the Hype

As I was shopping at Costco a few days before Thanksgiving, I saw all the commotion around the case filled with fresh turkeys. I thought to myself that this year I would get a fresh turkey and avoid the week long, cold bath turkey thawing saga. So I picked out the smallest one, a mere 23#! Once I got home it it hit me. This is going to be a lot of turkey for the five of us, and since Shawn had to work all day long, I had to take it on by myself. Christian and I did mange to get it out of the roaster and in to the serving platter in one piece, that's always a tricky one. The aroma filled the house and the turkey turned out delicious, not only on Thursday, but also on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. . . Just kidding, we do have a lot of leftovers, but they are now in frozen in containers and ready for many great dishes to come.

No comments: