Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Did You Know

That there is a little cabin hidden behind the hills and snow banks around Mt Baker? Christian was going to spend a weekend with his boys scout troop at the Mountaineers Lodge up at Baker. I was puzzled as I tried to figure out where this cabin was. We spend a fair amount of time up there and we never see it. Turns out that all those people I would occasionally see unloading their cars at the side of the road, were not going on a snow camping trip after all. It always gave me the shivers imagining them spending the night in a tent in the middle of a snowy hill. They were heading to a comfortable and warm cabin nestled in the woods. But the cabin was only one of the benefits of the weekend. Christian had a blast snowshoeing, skiing and night sledding. He came home pretty tired and bursting with stories.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks fabulous!! You'll have to find out how to rent that place for a weekend and we'll come on up!!

Was just thinking last night that I was going to email you today if I didn't see a new post. I guess you've just been busy enjoying the great outdoors...in shorts!! Hope you guys are well!