Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Night Call

Every parent knows the drill. You are awaken during the night with a child complaining of a tummy ache. I have been through this scenario many times, but for some reason I offered him some water to drink, gave him some TLC and then crawled back into my bed. My mind must have been quite foggy, it was 2am after all. What I really should have gotten from the kitchen was a bucket, and not a glass a water. It didn't take long before I was awoken again, and this time with a different sounding call coming from my child's room. My mind cleared immediately, but by then it was to late for any kind of prophylactic measures. Damage control was the best I could hope for. As I was cleaning up the bed and surroundings areas, Shawn ushered Ethan to our bed and this is what sweet E told him: "I'm sorry for making all this extra work for you". Oh my dear child, to sacrifice a few hours of sleep is such a small price to pay for the enormous joy that mothering you gives me. I would do it all over tonight.
However, I'm happy to report that he has not rejected any meals today, I think we are on the mend.

1 comment:

Ryan and Jessica said...

Ryan,my mom, and I all had the stomach flu about 3 weeks ago and it has been making its ROUNDS. Glad to hear sweet Ethan is on the mend!