Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tackling the Dunes

Lately, more than ever, I felt like I have been climbing sand dunes. You know, one step forward, three back. Just enough time to tend to the basics while a long list of unfinished chores piles up. I'm not even talking about that scrap booking project that's been sitting in a corner for the past year. These are tasks that needed tending yesterday. Last week when I looked at the calender and realized that Christian had a Spring Break from ZLO and saxophone coming up; it hit me. I declared a break from all the rest as well. I said no to any activities that would take us out of the house. The boys were a little disappointed that it did not include their school work, even thought they tried to convince me I was not persuaded. I'm happy to report that I was able to scratch a few things off my list already. That's not to say that I'm now zooming down the dunes, but I'm a little closer to the top.

No comments: