Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bottom of the Bin

Due to a hectic day (and week), I found myself at the supermarket at 10:30 pm. At first I thought that it might just be the perfect time for shopping; peace, solitude, wide empty aisles. Until I got to the bulk section. I had to scrape the bottom of the bin and hardly got two scoops of cornmeal, so I move a few bins to the unsweetened coconut, where there were only a few forgotten flakes. My next item on the list was black beans. I could not believe it, I barely got two cups! While I even bothered to scoop it up I don't know, I'll have to go back and get more before it's worth it to cook a pot of beans. I did not realize this were such popular items. Maybe I should try opening hours at 5am on my next shopping trip, I wonder if I would have better luck!!

No comments: