Monday, August 23, 2010

Better with Friends

Despite the distance that now separates Ann from us, our annual Birch Bay picnic was not compromised. This is a summer event that can not be skipped. I believe this was our fourth year of gathering with good friends.

One tradition we did not keep this year was to get a picture of all the kids sitting on a log. This is the best I could do, too bad we are missing two of them.

Today Ann and I headed up to Goat Mt with these five boys. Last time a few of us were up there, we could hardly see past a couple feet due to a whiteout. We knew we had to return and check out what was hidden behind the clouds. It was a good hike up there, but the payoff was worth it and the exercise was beneficial to all of us. Although I have numerous shots of mountains, I had not come this close or had such good angle of Mt Sefrit. And although I have countless pictures of wild flowers, they never cease to enchant me.

No comments: