Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Snow

As the plane landed in Seattle last Sunday, the pilot announced the local time, 5:20 pm, and the local temperature, 95 degrees. What?? I had left Florida that morning where temps in the 90's are the norm, but Seattle? I have to say that it was quite pleasant to step outside and feel a nice warm breeze, with no hint of humidity. While I was away, the Pacific NW experienced a nice heat wave. Shawn and the boys enjoyed it by spending their days at the lake, windsurfing, sailing and splashing around. However, despite the heat wave, we still managed to find some snow good enough for some summer sledding. Returning to Artist Point with my aunt was on my summer list. A couple of years ago, we were not able to make it all the way up due to the snow. This year the road wasn't opened until late July, so now we finally had the chance.
She was amazed at the beauty and could not believe that it was all buried under snow just a couple of months ago; something I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it as well.
The boys found all kinds of stuff to get into and the end some of them got a little dirty, and wet, but that comes with the territory. I have learned that by now.

No comments: