Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mystery Solved

The latest advise to keep your mind sharp and delay the onset of "forgetfulness disease" is to give your brain a work out. I must not have been doing it enough. When it was time to fill the boys' stockings a few weeks ago, I could not, for the life of me, locate a few certain gifts. I knew I must have placed them in some hiding spot, but I also knew I must have done it while doing a dozen others thing with a dozen different thoughts in my mind. No wonder I could not find it. I searched in many unusual places to no avail. It finally occurred to me that maybe the items never made to the house at all. Sure enough, as Shawn stopped at the store yesterday, he checked at the costumer service desk. My absentmindedness (leaving the back in the cart) was entered in their dandy little log and the items back in their original shelves. I have to say that I'm not alone, not only did the store have to create a log for such things, but it's also quite thick. The good news is that my money was refunded. Maybe I should use the funds to join the "Brain Booster" class that our local hospital is offering!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

simone i know how you feel! we do hidden object/mystery games on our computer all the time and i still am forgetful! i'd hate to see what would happen to me if i didn't do that little bit of brain excersise! lol