Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bellingham Day

It's been eight years since we moved to this corner of the United States. We loved it then and continue to love it now. We instituted a family holiday for this week to celebrate and hopefully help us not to take for granted the beauty around us. The stipulation for our holiday is that we either go explore a new place we have never been to, or do something that would not have been possible back in the Midwest. Last year we had a fire by the beach, this year the boys all wanted to go skiing at Baker. I asked if they were not tired of skiing yet and I got a big unanimous NO. All right, that qualifies, so off we went.

I donned my snowshoes instead and took in the peace, solitude and beauty of the snow covered wilderness.
We finished the day with dinner at "Chair 9", a place we had never been to. Great wood fire pizzas, buffalo burgers and the best dark ale Shawn thought he ever tasted.

I should have kept my sunglasses on, as it happens quite often, I blinked. Actually I think I'm squinting, we are now Washingtonians and do not know what to do when the sun is out! Besides, it was hard enough to get this one family portrait, I wasn't going to push my luck by asking for a second posing. This will have to do!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Bellingham Day to the Buhlers! Looks like you did it up right again this year!!

Is Christian really that much taller than you, Simone, or is the mountain uneven?

Buhler family said...

I would have to say the mountain is uneven!! He is taller than me, but the difference is exacerbated by his ski boots and my position at the back of the group. Otherwise I would have to wonder if I'm shrinking!

Bridget said...

Gorgeous photos! Especially the family one!!