Sunday, March 13, 2011

Family Time in Brazil

I had not yet met her, but I already loved her so much. I knew her smile and her sweet embrace would captivate me. I had to wait eight months but I finally had her in my arms. My little niece Ana Luiza.
Two years ago there were many dreams and plans of new babies. I jokingly said that when there were at least three new ones added to the family I would come back. A couple of months later I was told to book my ticket, their part was done, the babies were on their way.
Nice little staircase! Spending time with my mom was of course, another reason to go. Countless hours were spent talking, laughing and remembering.
Another blessing was catching up with childhood friends, which actually started at home. I was able to fly to Brazil in the company of my dear friend Karin P., who was returning home after a tour of North America.
Here is a friend whom I had not seen for about a decade, since she moved to Australia. This time around, our visit to our homeland coincided.
What a great trip filled with family and friends. I'm thankful for my time there, and I'm thankful for being back safe in the arms of my husband and sons. I also owe a big thanks for my dear mother in law who helped out in the home front while I was away. You are all so dear to me.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey, Simone! I'm so glad you got to take this trip. You look radiant and more beautiful than ever!

Ann said...

Wow...looks like you had a great time! So glad you had an opportunity to get back for a visit! Welcome Home...

BRIDGET said...

Yeah! Photos!
Thanks for sharing and welcome home... you were missed.