Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break Alternative

My idea, or dream, for a spring break day is a visit to the beach under somewhat clear skies with mild temperatures. I'm not talking about a hot blue bird day with kids wading in the water. Just a pleasant day, where you can leave you rain coat home, wear your fleece, have the sun occasionally peek out and warm your back while you explore the tide pools. The reality is that it has been chilly and raining so much that they even canceled the soccer games for this coming Saturday, you know it's wet when that happens; regular amounts of rain do not scare the soccer enthusiasts away. The obvious choice then is to hit higher elevations to where the rain drops turn into snow. All the rain down here was forgotten when the boys saw it meant 10 new inches on the mountain. The problem is that I would much rather drive in any crazy South American big city rush hour traffic,

then on a winding snow covered road with only a imaginary guard rail separating me from a abyss.

It is a fear that I have vowed to overcome. I'm happy to report that I got a carload full of boys up & down the mountain safely, but I'm still dreaming with that visit to the beach!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yikes, Simone! Glad you made it there and back. I guess cancelling things because of rain in Washington is like cancelling stuff for snow in Quebec. Barely happens!