Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wrong Diagnosis

I had a feeling that the splurging at the Fire Station breakfast before a baseball practice would not be such good idea. Ethan and his friend Jack took charge of the whip cream, treating themselves to a generous amount on the pancakes and on the hot chocolate. To top it all off, Ethan still managed to woof down half of a chocolate muffin on the way to the fields. It came as no surprise that he got sick after half an hour of exercise. I blamed myself for not putting more restrains on the food choices and went through the usual mother's guilt blame. Since he reported feeling better, I allowed Christian to take him to the annual fishing derby. The derby is an annual tradition, as well as the lack of any big catches; even so, they had fun and all seemed well. Not even the long afternoon nap made me suspicious of any illness, since I took in consideration the late bed time, the excitement of a friend having slept over, and the early rise time. Of course he was exhausted and needed a siesta. What made me finally realize that he was indeed suffering from the effect of a viral bug was the true & tried " mom's touch to the forehead" method. The thermometer did confirm my findings. I can no longer blame it on whipped cream!

No comments: