Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lessons from Nate Saint

Sunday morning presented me with a great opportunity to improve my snow driving skills.  There was a dusting of fresh snow, the traffic would be light and Shawn was on my side.  Nolan piped up and informed me that to practice with the whole family on board would be a unacceptable risk.  Just like Nate Saint would find it to be an unacceptable risk to take more then a test pilot on a plane that he had just fixed.  Thanks for the input Nolan and I'm glad you have a good reading comprehension, but his father and I decided this would be an acceptable risk,  We all made it there safely.  I had to think about risks today as I considered missing my hair appointment due to our weather conditions.  Should I brave temps in the teens, wind chills in the single digits, snow covered sidewalks and a WTA ride, or should I brave showing my roots for a little while longer?  Of course going to the salon was more important!  What I would call an unacceptable risk was the light clothing Christian was wearing as he walked down to catch the same bus to get to his orthodontic apt.  There was a big difference between the number of layers and sturdiness of shoes we were both wearing.  I figured he would have to learn it by himself.  The irony is that he came home commenting about the crazy midschoolers he saw in town that were wearing such light jackets!  Really?  Lighter than you?  I guess it's all a mater of perspective.

No comments: