Monday, May 26, 2008

SKI TO SEA 2008

Another Ski to Sea under Shawn's belt!! Congratulations! It was a challenging one this year, with the canoe leg canceled and the kayak leg shortened. Looking at the bay I was sure glad it wasn't me racing against those waves and wind. It looked like even though the kayakers were paddling really strong, they still did not make much progress: two paddles forward, one back, kind of a thing. After Shawn got in the water, I was not in much of a hurry to get to the finish line in order to meet Shawn. I believed I had lots of time. So, after visiting with friends, rounding up all the boys and "crawling" out of the parking lot, we were on our way to see Shawn arrive at Marine Park. I could not believe when the phone rang and it was Shawn on the line!! I sure felt like the hare, with the tortoise beating me to the finish line.

Good job Team DT

No comments: