Monday, October 20, 2008

My Little Mountain Goat

Nolan is a natural born hiker; he left us all in the dust! Besides his determination though, what I love to see is his enjoyment of being outdoors. There was not a moment's hesitation when I asked him if he wanted to join me for a hike.

This was Levi's first hike in the Mt Baker area. Nolan enjoyed having a little buddy. He called Levi "the little bear bell on our shoes"; Nolan was certain that with all of Levi's cooing and babbling (and a little bit of crying), the bears would stay away. Kudos to Ryan for hauling him all the way to the peak.

For the last push we all had to slow our pace, except for Nolan, who seemed to run up to the top.

"I made it"

We all made it in time to enjoy the beautiful views and to see the clouds roll in.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Way to go, Nolan!

Simone, hearing you say that your "things to do around the house" could wait made me remember something. One day Jodie and I called you to see if you wanted to go to the mall (I think) with us. You said that you and Shawn were going to be mopping your kitchen floor that day!! Maybe you've relaxed a little as far as household chores are concerned. Or maybe it's just that Jodie and I should have asked you to go hiking!! :)