Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Next Taekwondo Master

Today Nolan told me he thought about something else he might want to be when he grows up. It had been a firefighter helicopter pilot until now, or anything else to do with the environment. So that's the direction my mind was going, but not his. " I want to be a Taekwondo Master". It really did not surprise me since he loves Taekwondo. After asking for a while, he finally started taking classes this fall, and I have never seen him as focused and dedicated to something as he is in this class. He also has a great role model, since Master Choi, the studio owner, is a world champion and a very nice man who really loves the kids. So now that we have one black belt in our family, we are starting the journey all over again. Not that it ends at the black belt level. Do you know that there are nine more degrees and six levels in each degree after black belt? Yeah, I did not know it either until Christian got his black belt and I asked, what's next!! And that's only the beginning of your training to become a "master". So how is that for a long term goal? All I can say is, just keep on smiling!

No comments: