Saturday, September 5, 2009

Priceless

Those were Nolan's words to the people that asked how much he wanted for his catch. No way was he going to part with his fish, his first salmon, not to mentioned we would be breaking the law. We had heard lots of rumors that the salmon run was really good this year and that people had been catching their quota in a few hours. So the Masons and the Buhlers decided to give it a try. None of the fisherman had any salmon fishing experience, so the start was a little slow. Since Amy and I are not afraid to ask for directions , we soon found some fisherman that were happy to share their trade secrets and soon we were reeling those beauties in. Nolan has now caught the salmon fever and couldn't wait to get back to the river. Fortunately he has a friend that suffers from the same malaise, so that's where they are right now. I guess dinner will be taken care of again.
The excitement of the first catch
Caviar anyone?

For some reason my pictures of the final catch with all the fisherman turned blurry. So I'll have to wait for Amy to send me some, I'm sure her pictures turned out well. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jill said...

"WOW" is all I've got!!!

Amy Mason said...

We're up for it!!! Want to go tomorrow after school? Can't wait to find a new spot!