Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Server Down

Yep, no updates for a while because the server, ME, was down. I got hit by what is believed to be the famed H1N1 flu! It was pretty bad, actually, it was miserable, but I'm not going to dwell on it, my brain is already working to erase that period of time out of my memory bank. Of course, once I recovered, the daily tasks had accumulated and I have been busy at tackling them all. So know I'm about two steps behind all my chores, in other words, we are back to normal.
I was able to celebrate my recovery by taking the kids to the Wolf Lodge along with our good friends the Davis'. It had been scheduled a while back and I'm very glad I was well enough to go. Imagine the kid's disappointment if we had to forgo all the fun.

We all enjoyed the slides and the "Howling Tornado" was our favorite, especially at night in the dark, awesome!
And life slowly returned to normal, with school, cub scouts meeting and soccer! Ethan was finally cleared (from his broken arm) to resume sports.
One of the best things of recovering from the flu is that my appetite came back and I was able to enjoy one of my favorite breakfast, four grain flapjacks with wild blueberries. So yummy!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, so sorry, Simone!!! Did anyone else in the family get sick?

What about the recipe for the flapjacks?? Glad you got your appetite back! :)

Jackie Buitelaar said...

Oh no! I didn't think it was that flu! I am glad to hear you are better. Hopefully no one else in your family caught that nasty bug.