Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time with Friends

It was time to get away from the ordinary, (and from my testosterone driven home), and spend some time with the girlfriends! It was long overdue for all of us, so we made the most of it. Lots of good talking, lots of good shopping. We managed to acquire 7 pair of new shoes between the 4 of us. That should have meant that I would have come home with 2 1/4 pairs, but somehow, three of us only brought home one pair; one girl really scored!! The manis and pedis were very much appreciated and enjoyed by all, even if the pretty nails only lasted a while. Washing dishes, double knotting soccer shoes laces and opening those silly Costco milk jugs will ruin any nails, which makes having them done once in a while even more special. We finished a perfect day with dinner and returned to our homes quite tired but absolutely refreshed.How precious to have these friends!
Of course this was only made possible by my dear husband, who took the boys to two different soccer games, a belt ceremony, art class and a ski swap. I think I know who is up next for some time out.

1 comment:

Jill said...

So, I'm happy for you, but a little bit jealous! :)