Saturday, May 22, 2010

Countless Cups of Tea

I have been battling a strong cold for a week now, sometimes I think I'm winning but other times I'm proved wrong and I need to sit back with a nice cup of hot tea. I'm even trying some other home remedies that are not nearly as tasty as tea, but I'm set out to win this battle soon. In the mean time, life goes on and there are many reasons I do not have time to dwell on my cold.

On Friday afternoon I lead these cub scouts on a hike. They are a great group of kids and had a blast during the hike and at our midpoint resting area, the beach.

The fresh air, exercise and warm sunshine felt wonderful!
This morning we headed to Ethan's baseball game and then cheered Nolan on as he competed in the Jr. Ski to Sea race. His team had a great race, they came about a minute short of making the podium. Unfortunately they had a technical difficulty with the bike. Their biker did a phenomenal job putting the chain back on, but they were not able to make up the time. At the end, having fun is what really counts, and the smile on their faces shows they had plenty of it.

2 comments:

Amy Mason said...

How did we miss you guys??! Let's get together this week! :)

Jill said...

What kind of tea do you drink!??

Sorry you haven't felt well, Simone. A mom can't be sick!!