Saturday, May 1, 2010

Showing My Roots

Baseball was early today. I got home with Ethan and headed to the kitchen. Why not bake some buns and bread. While I'm at it, may as well cook up some soup for tomorrow. Humm, a nice coffee cake would go well for Sunday's faspa. I could certainly do it while I'm getting things ready for the dinner party we are having tonight. So while 3/5 of the household was out, I spent most of my Saturday in the kitchen. Just like I watched my mom do, just like any of my Mennonite ancestors would have done. I did not mind it and really enjoyed it. There is nothing like eating a fresh bun right out of the oven. Add some butter and honey on it, yum! Benefits of the job!
Although Ethan enjoyed the nice aroma wafting through the house, he was thrilled when Noah came over. Fresh air still trumps fresh buns for these guys.

No comments: