Monday, October 18, 2010

Apples for Entertainment

All I wanted was to go to an orchard and pick tons of apples for a bargain price.

Instead, we got a tour the orchard in our own little golf cart. The power on the cart was set so low I could have walked faster. Supposedly the owner has set it that way because people have taken down trees in the past while speeding around in the carts. I'm happy to say all the trees were left intact.

We observed the whole production line, from the apples being picked to getting those annoying little stickers, (don't you hate peeling them off your produce?), to being packaged neatly in a box.

Nature was at work all around us.
I certainly did not need the sign to point out that I should enjoy the view. Come to think about it, maybe this was the real culprit of people hitting trees. I wonder if taking the sign down would be more effective in protecting the trees then adjusting the power on those carts?
We tasted many delicious apples and other treats, picked a pumpkin and bought apples of many varieties.
The only thing I did not find was that bargain price I was after!

2 comments:

BRIDGET said...

It's true!
The bargain price is not at the orchard... but the premium experience makes it worth the extra dollars...
Great shots!

Jill said...

ha ha, Simone, you CRACK me up!! I'd love nothing more this morning than to go out for coffee with you and talk and laugh (and maybe cry)! I miss you, my friend.