Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baptism

Baptism, a confession of your faith and commitment to follow Christ.
How special it was to witness our oldest son getting baptized today in the waters of Lake Whatcom.
In his own words: I first asked Christ to come into my life when I was about five years old. God was always there because I grew up in a Christian family, and we always prayed and had devotions together as a family. We read the bible together, and I was educated about God at a young age. I went to church as many Sundays as our family could and then when I moved up to middle school I went on the fun missions trips to Oregon and Seattle, which were new experiences. Sometimes I had questions about God and my faith was tested with them, but there were usually answers. I wanted to be baptized earlier, but I just didn’t know if I was ready. Then I realized that I didn’t really have to be “ready,” I just had to want to follow God and give my life to him."
Congratulations! Our prayer is that you will continue to seek God's plan for you life and that you will continue to grown on your walk with Christ.
These guys and many other kids spent the weekend at the Middle school camp. It sounds like they had great spiritual growth, lots of fun and pranks and very little sleep.

3 comments:

Jill said...

What an important and exciting day!! We praise God with you!!

BRIDGET said...

Christian, welcome to the Body of Christ! May you always welcome baptism's infusion of sanctifying grace and supernatural gifts and virtues!
"Be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of your sins; and you shall receive the Holy Ghost. For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, whomsoever the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:38)

Unknown said...

I rejoice with you in Christian's public declaration of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ! Praise God!