Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Front Porch

Most people have lovely fall decorations adorning their front entrances. Colorful mums, pumpkins and gourds, corn stalks. Some might also have dark stuff like tombstones and what not, or be really hideous like that giant spider covering most of the house's facade that we see on our way to town. As for me, I'm happy if I can keep the leaves cleared from my front entrance. There seems to be a converging wind zone that brings all the leaves from a 2 mile radius to my front door. My spiders also have super powers, as they can weave 2 webs in the time it took me to remove one. I was really content in my little power struggle with the leaves and spiders, until I looked out one afternoon and saw an interesting touch added to our porch.

Apparently Nolan thought his cammo tarp had to dry (so it could get wet in the woods again?), and what better place then our covered porch by the front door!

You are always welcome at our house, just be aware that you might have to climb over leaves, duck under the tarp and clear some spider webs before you can reach the door.

1 comment:

Jill said...

you are crackin' me up...AGAIN!