Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkins and such

Halloween is really not a day I'm particularly fond of, but I will not dwell on that. I do enjoy all of the fall activities that surround Halloween. This year as we carved our pumpkins, I baked chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. I was able to transfer them from the baking stone to the cooling rack, but as you can see by the the empty the container, they never made it past that stage. Eventually I managed to secure a few for future enjoyment.
Except for when the boys were very young, (and you could get cute little outfits), I never spent a dime on costumes. We have a bin full of stuff from which they can come up with something. Invariably, they come out as some variation of a dark knight. This year it was no different, except Nolan was a "Ranger". We just finished reading the "Ranger Apprentice", hence the inspiration for his costume. The boys joined their friends, Joe, Peter and Philip, and out they went to raid the neighbourhood, while Bridget and I enjoyed some tea and had some time to chat. A very pleasent arrangement, I must say. Thanks Tim for running about with the boys.
I can only imagine what must have crossed Philip's mind, as this was his first time trick or treating. He arrived in America a couple of months ago, after being adopted from Lesotho. Talk about abundance and indulgence in this country!!
The good news is that I will not have to cook for a few days!
P.S. If you noticed that one of our boys is MIA, it's bc he was working on his English assignment. Before you feel sorry for him, just know that he had a fun packed weekend; with a boys scout camp out, followed by a trip to a haunted house and ghost walks with a good friend's family. His brothers also evenly shared their loot with him.

No comments: