Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chili to Fight the Chill

What a perfect evening for a tasty & nourishing black bean & quinoa chili. Thanks Jill, for posting this delicious recipe. I thought that maybe along with the chili, I would also get her will and positive outlook on running in frigid weather. Yesterday morning Shawn asked me if I wanted to go running and I was very honest, "no way!" We have this unspoken agreement that although you might not feel like it, you still say yes. Most likely the person asking does not have the gumption to go out either, but together we can pretend. Of course once we are out on the trail, we are so glad we made it, and that's what keeps us going back. I reconsidered my decision and put on my running clothes, but once I checked the thermometer outside (-6C), I wanted to reclaim my original answer. That's when I thought about my friend in Quebec and realized what a wimp I was. It took a lot of hand pumping and arm circles but eventually even my fingers warmed up and I truly enjoyed the crunch beneath my feet and the chill on my face.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You are toooooo funny, Simone! I couldn't muster up my courage to go out this morning, so I just jumproped in the basement.

I just wanted to let you know that you won the KIVA loan!!! :) I'm so glad! I'll send you the code for the gift certificate soon.

Buhler family said...

That is so cool. I just checked Kiva's site today and I was planning on using the groupon offer to give a loan. Now I can double it. I have my eyes set for a loan to Paraguay.