Friday, November 5, 2010

Flip Flop Illusion

Ethan was told that once October ended, flip flops and shorts would be banned, at least outside of the house. I know that an 8yo boy's body temperature varies greatly from his mother's, but still, it was time to at least put on some socks. Most likely the reason for his choice of attire was what he would call efficiency and I would call commodity. Much easier and faster to don a pair of flip flops than shoes. However, how could I enforce the rules when we were greeted with unusual warm days in November? Yesterday evening we even had burgers on the BBQ while the boys played catch outside (in flip flops). I was almost fooled that we were nearing Summer Solstice instead of the Winter one. That illusion passed on this misty, rainy morning as we waited until past 8am for it to be light enough to go out jogging. Ethan is now wearing shoes.

3 comments:

BRIDGET said...

Odd weather to be sure!
But very enjoyable....

I'm going to have to HIDE Peter's shorts!

Jill said...

Clever post, Simone!

We don't remember what flip flops are seeing as it's been so long. I'm glad you posted a picture so we could remember those beautiful days when we used to wear them! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a really good picture! You are funny my sister!