Monday, July 6, 2009

Celebrations

Seventeen years of marriage deserves some great fireworks. Having our anniversary on July 4th always brings us a beautiful display. It's been a great journey and I could have not asked for a more wonderful man to be on my side. You are are one of a kind, my hubby, and I'm looking forward to many more firework celebrations.

Since we enjoy spending the holiday with the kids, we always try to sneak away on another day to celebrate the blessing of our marriage. With Christian being at Firwood and Nolan & Ethan being cared by my dear friend Ann, we headed to Lummi Island to enjoy each others company riding our bikes on a beautiful sunny day.

And this is how we celebrated hte 4th, with our friends the Masons, savouring some good summer food and watching the fireworks amidst the crowd. Happy birthday USA! Thank you Amy for letting me use all of therse great pictures you took.
Yes, there is a kid missing. Although Christian returned from camp that morning, he just repacked and headed off to a friends overnight birthday party. He was able to experience the fireworks over the bay from his friend's sailboat. No matter how tired I would be, I would not miss such a party either.

July is sure proving to be a month of celebrations. On the 1st day of this month, my aunt Ursula got married to David. It was a beautiful celebration with the happy newlyweds. I wish you both many years of a blessed marriage.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy anniversary, you lovebirds!!!

Simone, I had a very vivid dream about you the other night. You were not dressing like a cucumber!!! :)

Lynette said...

Congratulations on 17 years of marriage! Happy belated anniversary!