Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Positive Peer Pressure

Ethan has pointed out to us several times that he prefers flat terrain when it comes to hiking. Unfortunately for him, the rest of the family enjoys some elevation gain. He is never shy to let us know of his disapproval and makes sure we know that he is a very dissatisfied costumer. Well, I think I found a solution to keep him content and hiking uphill without even noticing, and being very proud of the hill that was just conquered.
Just take another twenty boys along!

We set out yesterday on a cub scout hike at the Stimpson Preserve. At first, I lead the hike by being the "engine"; I felt so many feet at my heels, they had so much energy just bursting out of them! The group, including some young 5 yeard olds, kept it up throughout the 3 hilly miles and there was a not a complaint heard.

Watch out, there will be a strong group of boys scout coming up.

No comments: